Shiva Sai Mandir celebrates holidays based on calculations specifically for the Western hemisphere, so our timing may be one or two days different from the Indian calendar.
Our celebrations are simple, family oriented and joyfully participatory. Each celebration is connected with a community seva project which brings the blessing of our celebration tangibly into the world.
2018 Holiday Pujas
- Spring Navaratri, Mar. 17-25, 6-6:30 pm
- Akshaya Tritaya, Wednesday, Apr. 18, 6-6:30 pm
- Narasimha Jayanti, Friday, Apr. 27, 6-6:30 pm
- Buddha Purnima, Sunday, Apr. 29 (part of Full Moon Homa observance), 12-1 pm and 7-9 pm
- Hanuman Jayanti, Thursday, May 10, 6-6:30 pm
- Krishna Janmashtami, Sunday, Sept. 2, 6-6:30 pm
- Fall Navaratri, Sept. 20-29, 6-6:30 pm
- Lalita Janmashtami, Saturday, Oct. 13, 6-6:30 pm
2018 Holiday Celebrations
- Navaratri Festival, 6 pm, March 17th through 24th. Devi pujas every night.
- Victory Day (Rama Navami) celebration, Sunday, March 25th.
- Spring equinox celebration, Tuesday, March 20th, 6 to 8 pm. This celebration will include the fourth day of Navaratri, Devi puja, planetary puja, kirtan and potluck dinner. The kirtan will take place during the celebration from 6:30 to 7:15 pm.
- Summer Solstice celebration, Thursday, June 21st, 6-9 pm – planetary puja, kirtan, potluck dinner.
- Guru Purnima celebration, Friday, July 27th, 6-9 pm – Guru fire ceremony, kirtan and potluck dinner.
- Raksha Banda Celebration, Saturday, August 25th, 6-8 pm – family and ancestor puja and kirtan.
- Navaratri Festival, 6 pm Devi pujas every night, September 20th through 29th.
Victory Day and Baba Maha Samadhi Day celebration, Sunday, Sept. 30th, 2-6 pm – fire ceremony, kirtan, Baba Abhishek and Aarti, and potluck dinner.
Autumn Equinox, Saturday, September 22nd, 7-9 pm – planetary puja, kirtan and potluck.
- Divali and New Moon celebration, Wednesday, November 7, 7-9 pm – New Moon prosperity fire ceremony, Divali celebration, kirtan, sharing of prasad and gift exchange.
- Winter Solstice celebration and Dattatreya puja, Friday, December 21st, 7-9 pm. Planetary puja, Dattatreya puja, kirtan and potluck dinner.
“The night is black. Kindle the lamp of love with thy life and thy devotion.” – Rabindranath Tagore
Shiva Sai Mandir-Colorado, 1391 S. Pennsylvania Street, Denver, Colorado 80210